Joel's Walnut, Illinois, page
I'm Joel Bass, and Walnut, IL, is my home town. Last year I downloaded some blurry, black & white aerial photos from MapQuest.com, stitched them together, and colorized the result to get a large view of the village. Below is a small copy of that picture. Click on it to see a larger version, and click anywhere on that to zoom in.
You may also want to read excerpts from the Walnut, Illinois 1872-1972 Centennial Book, now available below.
- Walnut History, including photos
- More Photos, including before and after the first Walnut Fire
- History of Red Oak Grove
- Education - History of Walnut Grade Schools, including photos
- Education - History of Walnut High School, including photos
- Agriculture, including photos
And be sure to visit Walnut's new official website, constructed by the talented people at Bureau Valley High School.